Commercialization of Space Tourism
Experts say that nations are running out of ideas to generate wealth, what with GDP growth rates of western nations below 2% and developing nations at 8% (but the income levels still far below).
Experts say that there is a need for having new forms of businesses to generate revenue. Space tourism is said to be one. Currently, virgin galactic is giving out tickets at US $ 200,000 and experts are working on bringing this down to US $ 20,000 per ticket.
What do you think about space tourism in general? Please give your opinions from these points of views:
1. Business: generate revenues for governments
2. Environment: how much harm will come from it
3. Salaries: new forms of revenues for new type of employees
4. Sustainability: will the business sustain in the long run like commercial airlines or just fizzle out after some time
5. Balance in society: will it become a form of taking money from the rich and giving it to the not so rich who will be employed in this venture
Just a thought.